Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rockstars love me.

So yesterday our team went to a big grocery store on the outer edge of Tallinn, and while we were there Evelin and I took a detour to run to the W.C.  As we were walking, I put my sunglasses on and said, "I'm going to wear these inside so people will think I'm famous."  Right after I said that, a group of a few guys walked past us--all wearing sunglasses--and stared at us (I was wearing my red lipstick, and they're not used to seeing that kind of thing in Estonia).  As we walked into the bathroom, Ev started laughing and said, "That was pretty much the most famous band in Estonia."  I didn't understand what she meant, and she explained that the group of guys that had stared at us were the members of a rock band called Traffic.  Ev said she used to have a crush on the lead singer.  I laughed because they looked ridiculous when we saw them.  She wanted to walk around the store and try to find them while our teammates shopped.  It didn't take long to find them...or, should I say, for THEM to find US.  Ev and I were discussing what color the towel I was buying actually was (it was blue, not purple like she thought) when the guys walked buy and one of them threw his shopping basket down on the floor by us.  We turned around and they all tried to act really cool and like they weren't trying to get our attention, but then they kept following us around to different areas of the store.  They never actually talked to us (guys are very different here than in the States), but they just stood close enough to realize that I was an American and wouldn't know who they were (or so they thought).  We ended up leaving, and Ev just showed me the music video for their biggest hit, a song that makes fun of Latvia...so I'll leave you with this lovely glimpse of a love affair that just was never meant to be.



+



Too bad.

Peace and Love,
Lo B.

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee. You're such a rock star. I have to say, you do rock the red lipstick like few I've seen before.

    ReplyDelete