Sunday, August 2, 2009

Amazing.

In spite of human failures, God still moved in the hearts of the Rakvere students this week.  He also worked wonders in the lives of our team, the North Point team, and the Rakvere team.  While I would (not) love to go into detail about the many challenges we faced this week, I think I'll save the stories for personal conversations...it would just be too hard to write out everything that happened, and I'm pretty sure I might lose it if I have to think about it any more today.  

All that being said, I am SO glad to have finished my last camp.  I'm absolutely exhausted, and I'm looking forward to a good night's rest.  We leave for intern debriefing tomorrow, and we'll finish it on Thursday.  After that, we chill in Tartu until early afternoon on Friday, then we head back to Tallinn for our last day together before Brett and I fly out on Saturday.  This summer has been absolutely crazy, and it's been a beautiful thing to experience God in such a new way.  Really, my time here has been amazing...

SPEAKING OF AMAZING...
I was in Tallinn today with the interns and the GC&SU team that served at Brett's camp, and while we were there we wandered into the square in Old Towne.  I heard one of the guys say, "They're filming something over there...wait, isn't that the guy from 'The Amazing Race?'"

My head whipped around to where they were pointing, and I yelled out "Phil!!!"

Yes, it was in fact Phil Keoghan, host of "The Amazing Race," filming a segment for what I guess was the Estonian leg of my favorite reality show EVER.  I almost peed myself.  I'm not even ashamed to admit it.  It was incredible.

The craziest part about it is that my mom and I had just had a full conversation about the show on Wednesday when we were talking on Skype.  We've been talking about applying for the show for awhile now, but we have to wait until I'm 21 so I'll be eligible to race.  We explained our full strategy to Chris the other night...when we're one the show, we will be the crazy Christian women that praise Jesus and throw our competitors under the bus.  We will annihilate the competition.

Really, I just took the moment as a sign from God that I am definitely supposed to be on the show.  Then my beloved Phil and I will be reunited, and I won't have to worry about the production people coming up to me and asking me not to yell at him and to avoid standing in the back of the frame and staring.

So I guess I just have to wait patiently for July 21, 2010.  

This will probably be my last blog from Estonia.  Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all of your support this summer...I didn't get sick ONCE, and a revolution of True Love is spreading across this nation thanks to your prayers and support.  I love you and will see you in about a week!

Peace and Love,
Lo B.

2 comments: