Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Three More Days


I'm currently feeling inspired by my good friend Ray LaMontagne (I call him my good friend because I met him in San Diego...and he was the most socially awkward person I've ever met) and his song "Three More Days."  The inspiration lies in the fact that I'm leaving in three days.
  Original, I know.  
I guess the realization of my imminent departure is more bittersweet than anything else; while I'm so excited about this summer, I'm pretty bummed about one thing that is going to take place while I'm gone.  No, I'm not talking about the No Doubt concert on June 5 
(since it OF COURSE has to be the day I leave)...
or the Jason Mraz concert in July...
I'm talking about how my life-long friend is moving in the middle of July 
to go to school for two years in Australia.

If you don't know Haylie, well, it's your loss.  Hay and I met when we were seven years old and ice skating at the same rink.  To use her words, she was the little butterball with bangs and I was eyes, teeth, and legs.  Case in point:


Since the days of early morning practices at the rink, Hay has become more like a 
sister to me than anything else.  We've been through everything together.  
Literally, I think people associate us with each other. 
 Like when I show up somewhere by myself someone always asks, "Where's Haylie?"
 She is, without a doubt, one of my favorite people on earth.  She is one of the most joyful people I know, and I'm going to miss her like crazy.  

I love all my friends, of course, and I'm going to miss them terribly...


But they aren't going to be in a different hemisphere when I get home.  


So while I'm thanking God for the opportunity He's given me this summer, I'm also thanking Him for thirteen wonderful years (and the many still to come) He's given me the privilege of sharing with Haylie Francesca Montgomery.


Here's looking at you, kid.

Until Estonia--

Peace and Love,
Lo B.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, such a sweet post. I just love you girls! (Oh, and that picture - classic.)

    I'm bummed I didn't get to hug you goodbye... I can't wait to hear about all that God is going to do in your life this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete