Sunday, October 4, 2009

I feel just like a Child.

Julia, that is.

Actually, I feel more like Duff Goldman of "Ace of Cakes" fame, but "I feel just like a Goldman" didn't have the right ring to it.

In my previous post I mentioned that I went to Emerson's rockin' birthday party yesterday. What I didn't mention was what I was doing from 1:30 A.M. until 6:30 A.M. the morning of her party...I was making a birthday cake for Nimsy that was pretty flipping sweet (literally).

Now I'm sure you're wondering why I didn't start making the cake until 1:30 the morning of the party, and I have a very good excuse for my procrastination. I wanted the cake to be fresh, but I was busy all day Friday. I would have made it Friday night, but I was at The Dead Weather's concert. The Dead Weather is Jack White's new band, and they are pretty amazing; not only are they all incredibly talented musicians, they are also ridiculously witty. Check it out. The show ended around 10:30, but my brother and I hung around because we wanted to meet Jack. We did, he high-fived us, and I swear my fingertips tingled and he transferred a little bit of talent into my E.T. hands (if you don't understand that reference, just look at my hands. Really, my fingers are ridiculously long). That being said, I didn't get home until just after 1:00 A.M.

And I commenced to baking. And cooling. And carving. And icing. And cooling some more. And rolling. And covering the cakes with fondant.

You would think I would be tired at this point, but I had chugged a big energy drink (which I normally despise) after the concert, and that sucker worked its magic on my body. By the time I finally went to bed for a two-hour cat nap, my parents were already done drinking their morning cups of coffee. As crazy as my night was, it was totally worth it to surprise my favorite little buddy for her birthday. She loved the cake, and, more importantly, little Ms. Manners said, "Tankt too. Iii uvv you...sooo much, Lolie." (Translation: "Thank you. I love you...so much, Lolie.") She's just so precious.

So here it is:

The cake

Me and the birthday girl doing her "1, 2, 3, Cheese" pose (note the icing all over her face)

Peace and love,
Lo B.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, that cake is AWESOME. Puts any I've ever made to shame.

    Secondly, you seriously should be a model. You're so stinkin' photogenic.

    Thirdly, I have nothing else to say but felt there should be a "thirdly." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. log. do you know how much i brag about you to my friends here in utah? i dont think ive known anyone more beautiful than you. and your skills of being an aunt are out of this world? you two are darling really. i really miss you. when are you going to visit me in utah?

    ReplyDelete