Friday, October 9, 2009

Maw-wage...maw-wage is what bwings us togeva today.

Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I'm not overly keen on weddings. I love the concept of them, but I usually feel like they become too much of a spectacle. Most couples tend to spend more money and time planning that one day than they do investing in their relationship.

Last night, however, I was proud to be a part of a wedding that I've been eagerly awaiting for over three years.

That's right, I'm talking about Jim and Pam.

If you don't watch "The Office" you might as well stop reading right now. If you are a fan of the show, then I'm pretty sure you'll agree that Jim and Pam's wedding surpassed most any expectations held. From Jim's toast to the copy of the infamous "Forever" dance down the aisle to the elopement on the ferry, the show was absolutely brilliant. I was just glad to see that America's favorite fictional couple looked past the chaos that typically surrounds weddings and took their exchanging of vows back to a simpler, sweeter place. They did me proud.

I don't know if it's a good thing to admit, but I think I might have been more emotionally involved in this wedding than I have been in about 80% of those that I've attended in the past couple of years. Don't judge me, though...you know you feel the same way.

1 comment: